4 ways to prevent mold
in commercial buildings
Mold can be found everywhere! As mold grows, it feeds on materials like wood, fabrics, ceiling tiles, upholstery, and carpet, causing them to rot and fall apart. Left unchecked for a long duration of time, mold can even cause enough damage to collapse ceilings and cave in floorboards. Mold spores are very small and lightweight and can move through the air, and if a damp surface is present the material will break down and start to grow. If your property encounters mold, our Express Restoration experts can help!
Signs of mold on your property:
- Musty odor
- A leak
- Employees/customers having issues with upper respirators symptoms
- Surface has been wet for more than 48 hours
- Moisture damage to any building materials
How can you prevent mold in your commercial building?
- Always repair any plumbing or structural leaks that your building has as soon as they are discovered. It only takes mold 24 to 48 hours to start growing after a surface becomes moist.
- Keep the humidity level in your building lower than 60 percent. If you don’t have one already getting a hygrometer to help monitor indoor humidity is an inexpensive way to keep track of your building’s humidity levels.
- Keep the air circulating and ensure that you have proper ventilation in the bathrooms, offices, basements, attics, and other places where moisture is common.
- Make sure to direct water away from the foundation.
- Keep things clean, any dirty surface can allow mold to grow, especially in kitchens, bathrooms, and attics.
If you have noticed a mold problem on your property, or believe that there is mold somewhere, contact Express Restoration as soon as possible and request an inspection. We can help you resolve your mold issues and get your property the mold remediation services you need for your building to run smoothly.